Sunday 21 October 2012

Fri/Sat/Sun -19/20/21. Day 31/32/33

I taught a life drawing class on sat, yesterday, and it made me really wanted to draw and not teach, they were a really nice group and some beautiful drawings came out, i was pleased. So today i decided to go and draw, i felt inspired to try and use colour and challenge myself [colour is problematic for me [i find it really hard and for landscape - its all too green] although I'm not quite sure this drawing is finished yet. I also turned to black pastel and am really pleased with the 2nd and 3rd drawings. I decided that after today and reflection on Harry's show last weekend i am going to draw again, regularly, and i really like the format of these squares, so for the mean time they will be this size. Although i also think some really large drawings would be good too. I am not going to think about this decision too much and just enjoy the engagement with space, place, materials and process, if i think too much it doesn't make sense. Anyway, perhaps a bit of a cheat but here are 3 days in one

No comments:

Post a Comment